Nowadays, due to unhealthy eating habits and lifestyle, people are facing problems with acidity i.e. gas in people. Many patients come and say that “they are having gas”, “having problems with acid”. Hyperacidity is one of the most common reasons why people are facing “gas problems”. It is seen in all ages, all classes, and all community.
The stomach secretes Hydrochloric Acid, a digestive juice that breaks down food particles into their smallest form to aid digestion. When there is an excessive amount of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, the condition is known as Hyperacidity.
Let us understand what the causes of hyperacidity are:
Causes of Hyperacidity
Our stomach consists of acid (HCL- Hydrochloric acid), the amount of acid in our stomach is of pH 4. Which means, there is a lot of acidic environment inside and this is also important for us because whatever germ comes in our stomach through the food that we consume, they die in the acidic environment, so this acidity is important. But in some cases, this acidic nature becomes more than the required level, and that acidity starts to hurt.
Signs and Symptoms of hyperacidity
- Throat burn
- Prolonged sour taste in the mouth or bitter-tasting acid that backs up into your throat and mouth
- Chest pain.
- Dry Cough
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Ear pain
How to cure hyperacidity
- Avoid excessive salty, oily, sour and spicy foods Maintain a proper healthy diet.
- It’s also important to exercise at least for half an hour as it will help to digestion as well as the movement of the intestine, preventing the hyperacidity problem. Walking is best.
- People suffering from hyperacidity should avoid heavy lifting.
- People should not do weight training nor should they do exercise where the abdominal muscles are used like crunches
You must take simple measures like adopting good food habits, indulge in physical activities, lead a disciplined life and consult a doctor to treat acute cases with medicines.