Dr. Jaydev Panchawagh
MS (General Surgery), MCh (Neurosurgery)
Dr. Jaydev Panchawagh is a highly knowledgeable and skilful Neurosurgeon famous for his amazing skills in this field. He was the former head of the department of Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, and he has now joined the Sahyadri Hospitals as a consultant Brain and Spine Surgeon (Neurosurgeon).
If we talk about his experience in this field, Dr Panchawagh has vast experience in Neurosurgery. In his career of 22 years, he has done excellence in Neurosurgery. He has always been a topper in his academics, and human brains always fascinated him. He always wanted to study the brain, nervous system, and all things related.
He has done various qualifications like MS (Gen. Surgery) from BJMC, Pune in the year 1994, and MCh (Neurosurgery) from KEM Mumbai in the year 1998. He is also a Consultant Neurosurgeon with his expertise in Complex Brain & Spine Surgery from the year 1998 to date.
In all these years of practising and learning, he has taken various special training and fulfilled many responsibilities as Prog KVR Sastri (NIMHANS) in Aneurysm Surgery, Prof. Anthony Young in Endoscopic Spine Surgery, Prof Seifert (Frankfurt) in Neuronavigation and Intraoperative MRI, Prof Gaab (Germany) in Endoscopic Brain Surgery, Prof Michael Mayer (Munich) in Advanced Spinal Surgery, Prof. Atul Goel (Mumbai KEM) in Craniovertebral Junction Surgery and Skull Base surgeries.
Before joining Sahyadri hospitals, Dr. Jaydev was a former Head of the Neurosurgery Department at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune from 2001 to March 2020. He has worked as an amazing neurosurgeon and gave his 19 years to that hospital. Apart from being a famous neurosurgeon, he is also a chairman of Synapse Brain & Spine Foundation, a founding member of the Indo-German Neurosurgery Foundation (NeuroChirurgische Hilfe Indien) that is in Aalen, Near Stuttgart in Germany.
Dr Jaydev believes that there is no age for learning things and spreading the knowledge you have. He is also a recognized teacher for DNB Neurosurgery, where he has taught neurosurgery to many students weaving their dreams to become a neurosurgeon one day. He has been working hard in this field with just one motto: no patient should remain untreated.
In his total experience in this entire field, he has experience of 25 years in Brain and Spine Surgery, 20 years as a Consultant in Brain & Spine Surgery, and 18 years as Head of the Department of Neurosurgery in a major institution. He has also done extensive research in different fields in Brain surgery and Spine Surgery and has done multiple national and international presentations.
Because of his amazing skills and hard work, he is known for his work in foreign countries. He gets many international referrals for Microvascular Decompression Surgery, Brain and Spine tumours, and Endoscopic Spine Surgery from European and other countries. He has been awarded Punyagaurav Puraskar for world-class work in Microvascular Decompression Surgery in 2015.
Summary of the Important Credentials
- MS (Gen. Surgery) BJMC, Pune 1994
- MCh (Neurosurgery) KEM Mumbai (1998)
- Consultant Neurosurgeon (Expertise in Complex Brain & Spine Surgery) from 1998 till date.
- Prog KVR Sastri (NIMHANS)- Aneurysm Surgery
- Prof. Anthony Young – Endoscopic Spine Surgery
- Prof Seifert (Frankfurt) – Neuronavigation and Intraoperative MRI
- Prof Gaab (Germany) – Endoscopic Brain Surgery
- Prof Michael Mayer (Munich)- Advanced Spinal Surgery
- Prof. Atul Goel (Mumbai KEM)- Craniovertebral Junction Surgery. And Skull Base surgery
- Former Head of the Department, Department of Neurosurgery, Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune from 2001 to March 2020. (19 years)
- Chairman, Synapse Brain & Spine foundation.
- Founding member, Indo-German Neurosurgery Foundation (NeuroChirurgische Hilfe Indien) Located in Aalen, Near Stuttgart in Germany
- Recognised teacher for DNB Neurosurgery.
- Experience in Brain and Spine Surgery: 25 years
- Experience as Consultant in Brain & Spine Surgery: 20 years
- Experience as Head of the department of Neurosurgery in a major institution: 18 years
- Extensive Research in different fields in Brain surgery and Spine Surgery. Multiple national and international presentations.
- World renown and international referrals for Microvascular Decompression Surgery, Brain ; Spine tumours and Endoscopic Spine Surgery from the European and other countries.
- Awarded with Punyagaurav Puraskar for world-class work in Microvascular Decompression Surgery in 2015.
- Deccan Gymkhana – Pune