Minimally Invasive

Surgery Options

Don’t suffer. Get treatment for all your medical problems instead.

At Sahyadri Hospital, we make sure you get the best treatments in Pune.

You can book an appointment to know how our treatment options are:

    Fissure Overview

    What is a Fissure?

    A fissure or an Anal Fissure is a tear in the tissues that line the anus. Hard or large stools in bowel movements can result in a crack. It causes pain and bleeding during and after passing stools. Mostly, a fissure heals on its own in some weeks, but if it doesn’t, surgery becomes the only option.

    What is the best treatment for a fissure?

    If an anal fissure doesn’t heal on its own, further medical treatment is required. The treatment for a fissure may include non-surgical treatments like certain creams, injections, and medications. A severe fissure may need a surgery called lateral internal sphincterotomy (LIS). During this surgery, the doctor cuts a small portion of the anal sphincter muscle to reduce pain. Moreover, surgery is the best option for people with chronic fissures.

    Causes of Fissure

    Symptoms of Fissure

    Anal Pain

    Blood in Stool

    Crack in Anus

    Lump around Anus

    Pain after bowel movements

    Delivering Best Treatment From Last 28 Years

    4.5

    5,000+ reviews

    Meet Our Experts

    You Are In Safe Hands With Them.

    Fissure Treatment FAQs

     

    Here are the frequently asked questions about Fissure that our patients mostly ask in the OPD.

    Is fissure curable without surgery?

    In 90% of cases, a fissure heals naturally by changing diet and increasing water consumption. In the remaining 10% of cases, where the symptoms persist, surgery is required. Surgery is the best option to elevate healing and reduce pain.

    Is fissure curable without surgery?

    In 90% of cases, a fissure heals naturally by changing diet and increasing water consumption. In the remaining 10% of cases, where the symptoms persist, surgery is required. Surgery is the best option to elevate healing and reduce pain.

    What are some best creams for fissures?

    We can treat fissures with non-surgical treatments like creams, injections and medications. You need to consult a specialist before trying any methods at home. Your doctor will prescribe Rectiv and Nifedipine cream to apply to the affected area.

    How can I prevent an anal fissure?

    To prevent a fissure, it is crucial to eat a healthy and fibre-rich diet. Increase the consumption of liquids, including water. These steps promote smooth bowel movements and don’t put a strain on the anal tissues.

    Are piles and fissures the same thing?

    No, piles and fissures are different. Piles are swollen blood vessels whereas, fissures are cracks or tears in the anal tissues. Moreover, piles are painless, whereas fissures cause a lot of pain.

    When should I go to the doctor?

    When fissures occur, you will feel pain during and after your bowel movements. You might also notice blood along with stools or on the toilet paper after wiping it. If the pain is unbearable and you can’t sit properly, consult a doctor immediately.

    Patient Feedback

    Patient Feedbacks are little doses of motivation that keeps us moving every day. Some of them are:

    We were admitted at Sahyadri and the care received from all the doctors and nurses was par excellent and they attended to all our requests promptly. Mahesh (incharge of 9th floor) along with Gifty and Adhira need special mention here. Also Mr Milind was very helpful from admission to discharge. Thank you.

    Nitin Iyer

    Pune, India

    Than you to all staff and doctors. Everyone is very helpful and great. All are doing a good job and work. I got diacharged recently and now I feel very proud that I was admitted in this hospital. Special thanks to nurses, sister Namita, Sushila, Mariya and Dr. Salomi, Dr.Santosh, Dr.Ashwini, and Dr.Sudhesndhu. Thanks much.

    Rahul Nanekar

    Pune, India

    Overall I am satisfied with total service. Excellent consultation from Dr. Tushar Patil (Oncology) and Dr. Gore (Oncology Surgen) who suggested us Orchidectomy ASAP. They gave clear idea about procedure and approx cost. They supported us throughout admission process till discharge. Thanks to all supportive staff.

    Sanket Kulkarni

    Pune, India

    Why Sahyadri Hospital ?

    Improving The Quality Of Your Life With Best Healthcare Services.

    At Sahyadri Hospital, our topmost priority is to provide quality and affordable healthcare to every patient. When you choose us, you decide to say goodbye to all your health concerns.

    Have Questions or Want To Get Started?

      Sahaydri Hospital Is Covid-19 Safe

      Your safety is taken care of by thermal screening, social distancing, sanitized clinics and hospital rooms, sterilized surgical equipment and mandatory PPE kits during surgery.

      Medical Expertise With Technology

      A dedicated Medical Coordinator assists you throughout the surgery journey from insurance paperwork, to free commute from home to hospital & back and admission-discharge process at the hospital.

      27+ Years Of Experience

      A dedicated Medical Coordinator assists you throughout the surgery journey from insurance paperwork, to free commute from home to hospital & back and admission-discharge process at the hospital.

      Post Surgery Care

      We offer free follow-up consultations and instructions including dietary tips as well as exercises to every patient to ensure they have a smooth recovery to their daily routines.
      Emergency/Ambulance
      +91-88888 22222
      Emergency/Ambulance
      +91-88062 52525
      Call Now

      Generic selectors
      Exact matches only
      Search in title
      Search in content
      page
      post

        Book Your Appointment




          Book Your Appointment




            Book Your Appointment




              Book Your Appointment




                Book Your Appointment




                  Book Your Appointment




                    Book Your Appointment




                      Book Your Appointment




                        Book Your Appointment