A brain tumor can be successfully treated with the help of modern technology and proper knowledge. In most cases, brain tumors can be treated if diagnosed early. In order to treat a tumor, you must be aware of its early symptoms. As soon as you see any symptoms of brain tumor, you must immediately consult a doctor.
Causes of brain tumor
Our skull is a closed cavity. When brain tumor occurs, tumor develops inside the skull. When the pressure inside the skull increases, the tumor arises, it is called “Raised Intracranial Pressure.”
The differences between the brain tumor and a tumor that occurs in other organs is that when a tumor grows in any other organ (except for the brain), the outside and inside part of the organ expands. But when it is a brain tumor, you will not be able to notice any visible changes from outside. For this reason, the pressure occurs inside the skull, which causes-
- Decreased level of consciousness
- Diplopia ( double vision)
You have to be aware of these symptoms. If you feel anything that is causing you problems, consult a neurosurgeon immediately.
Symptoms of brain tumor
- Sometimes a patient who is having a Seizure or fit has the probability of developing a tumor. It can happen with a brain tumor mostly. Any adult patient with the first fit in life needs to be treated because doctors always rule out a brain tumor. Seizure is the most common symptom of a brain tumor.
- Developing brain tumors in any part of the brain destroys the function of the area of the brain. For example, if the patient has the brain tumor on the right side of the brain or in the motor area, the left side of the body starts feeling low.
- If a tumor is increasing at the base of the brain, then the patient might have optical problems or any other problems related to the vision.
- Change in the level of consciousness is another symptom that indicates a brain tumor. Brain tumor may develop if a person is sleeping more or does not have any interest in any work or prefers to be in bed most of the time.
- Not very common symptoms include patients with Psychiatric problems. If the patient has a tumor in the brain’s frontal area, he might have a change in the personality. He might act weird or do something abnormal.
- If the patient has a tumor in the temporal area, this may lead to talkativeness or might end up doing any other awkward activity.
What are the two different types of tumors that should be treated early?
- Pituitary tumors- The hormonal gland located at the base of the brain is called the Pituitary gland. When this gland has a tumor, it acts differently. Sometimes it causes changes in hormone secretion, which might occur to any age group. Women can have menstrual problems or problems conceiving.
- Colloid cyst- A colloid cyst is like a time bomb. It slowly leads to death. The colloid cyst is presented in very critical junctions, and it obstructs the part from where the blood flows to the nerves.
Have queries or concern ?
How to diagnose a Brain tumor?
- CT scan: A CT scan is a process of taking pictures of your brain with the help of an x-ray machine from different angles. The machine moves and clicks 3D pictures of the cancer tissues or cells.
- MRI: MRI or Magnetic Resonance Imaging is mostly used to detect brain tumors. The machine moves through the brain and clicks pictures which gives the result to detect the tumor.
- Biopsy: This is the most popular and accurate test for external tumors. Doctors take a needle to collect the fluid from the tissue. This method is mostly used in bone marrow aspiration. It gives the accurate result which can help in detecting cancer.
- PET scan: PET scan denotes the term of Position Emission Tomography. This is a nuclear scan type that provides a 3-D picture of the cancer tissues or the tumor. Just because cancer cell takes up more glucose than healthy cells, it gets detected through the test. It is one of the most accurate tests to diagnose cancer.
If a brain tumor is diagnosed at the right time time, a person’s life can be saved. Hence, diagnosing a brain tumor and its identifying the early symptoms is very important before treatment. Sometimes with proper treatment, the advanced stages of brain tumors can be treated, and it might give you a longer life.
Great doctors, Good facilities, caring and helping staff. I recommend this hospital for day care services.
All doctors r very good. There treatments is best. Other staff also good. The service of nurses is great...Hospital is always clean.
All services provide by hospital are nice and on time. Doctors are polite and co-operative with patient.
All services provided by hospital is good. Hygiene maintained well.Even at night good care provided.