Neuro Rehabilitation is a supervised program by doctors specializing in brain conditions/diseases for people who have developed diseases, injuries, or any nervous system disorder. This process improves the body’s function and reduces symptoms and the well-being of the patients. It is known as Restorative Neurology.
Conditions that benefit from Neurological rehab
- Any vascular disorder, such as strokes caused by clotting of blood or Ischemic Strokes. Any strokes caused by bleeding in the brain or Hemorrhagic strokes.
- Any trauma, like in the brain or injury in the spinal cord.
- Infections like meningitis, polio, and brain abscesses.
- Any functional disorders, like headache, seizure, or dizziness.
- There are neuromuscular disorders like palsy, cervical Spondylosis, brain tumours, muscular dystrophy, and peripheral neuropathy.
- Degenerative disorders, like Parkinson’s disease or Alzheimer’s disease.
When is NeuroRehabilitation suggested?
- Muscle weakness and abnormal muscle tone
- Pain in the body
- Difficulty in swallowing or chewing food
- Impairments in vision or eye-hand coordination
- Difficulty in speaking
- Difficulty in walking or standing
- Difficulty with daily activities such as eating, bathing, dressing, toileting
- Impairments in thinking, memory, and problem solving
Have queries or concern ?
The neurological rehab program
This rehabilitation program is made to meet your individual needs, body functions, and any specific problems or diseases. This program sometimes needs the involvement of a family member.
The motive of a neurological rehabilitation program is to make the patient feel the normal life he used to lead. This program helps make their lives independent and function properly mentally, physically, and socially.
This program includes
- Speech therapy, in which the patient gets help in speaking, reading, etc
- Swallowing techniques in which the patient gets help in swallowing or chewing foods
- Improvement in any daily living activities like- eating, bathing, dressing, walking, writing, etc
- Bowel and bladder retraining
- Any nutritional counselling
- Helps the patient to get involved in support groups
- Retaining the behavioural skills
- Memory program through which the patient can memorize things, concentrate and give attention to any things
- Any pain management
- Vocational counselling
The neurological rehab team
This procedure cannot take place with the help of one doctor. It needs to be treated with the help of doctors from different departments. Many skilled doctors’ involvement is needed in this case. They are-
- Orthopedist/orthopaedic surgeon
- Rehabilitation specialists
- Registered dietitian
- Physical therapist
- Occupational therapist
- Speech/language therapist
- Social worker Recreational therapist
- Vocational counsellor
- Other speciality doctors
Neuro Rehabilitation Treatments
The treatments are different according to the condition of the patient. These are-
- With the help of a physiatrist, the patient will be able to do any physical problems.
- One neuropsychologist helps the patient work on their behavioural disorders for stroke or accidental injuries. They also teach the family members the necessary treatments or exercises to make it happen rather than taking the patient directly to the hospital or the centre.
- Some occupational therapists work on the daily living activities of the patient. They focus on their eating habits, bathing, dressing, etc.
- Speech pathologists help the patient in their process of talking. They treat their difficulty in speech or talking in any other field related to their speech.
- Therapeutic recreational therapists help the patient build the memory they were about to lose. It creates the memory and makes them remember it for a longer time. It works even when the patient leaves the rehabilitation centre.
- The most important part is rebuilding the strength, balance, coordination between the organs and body parts, and body motion. A Physical therapist or physiologist looks over this part. They help rebuild the process where the patient can stand independently without any help. They make balance on their feet and can walk or run slowly.
A neurorehabilitation program must be attended by every patient facing difficulty and needs some aid to recover from a nervous system injury.
Great doctors, Good facilities, caring and helping staff. I recommend this hospital for day care services.
All doctors r very good. There treatments is best. Other staff also good. The service of nurses is great...Hospital is always clean.
All services provide by hospital are nice and on time. Doctors are polite and co-operative with patient.
All services provided by hospital is good. Hygiene maintained well.Even at night good care provided.