The term breast cancer refers to a malignant tumor that may develop in the cells of your breast. Usually, breast cancer either occurs in the cells of the lobules, which are the milk-producing glands, or the ducts, that are responsible for the passing of the milk from the lobules to the nipple.
However, breast cancer is a very common disease in our country. Approximately, 15 to 20 percent of women in our country suffer from breast cancer.
Myths about breast cancer
There are certain myths or misconceptions about the causes of breast cancer. Here are some of the misconceptions below:
- Wearing the wrong type or under-wire bra’s – You may come up with a question that whether wearing the wrong type of bra causes breast cancer? However, several researchers have stated that this is completely a myth.
- Using deodorants can cause breast cancer– You may also think that using deodorants may cause breast cancer which is again a myth.
- Using hair dye may result in breast cancer – You may also have a misconception that using hair dye can cause breast cancer. However, performing several experiments on some small animals like rats resulted in some tumors. But it is not proving to be the reason for breast cancer among human beings.
Reasons for breast cancer
Previously, breast cancer was not that common in our country. On the other hand, in the US approximately 9 out of 10 women suffer from breast cancer. Whereas, in India, only 1 woman out of 25 women suffers from breast cancer, especially those who live in the city areas.
On the other hand, if you live in a village or rural areas, you have a lower risk of having breast cancer. Here are the main reasons for breast cancer:
- Your lifestyle is also responsible for increasing the risk of breast cancer. If you are following a western lifestyle, eating junk food, and not exercising, it may lead you to stress and rapid weight gain. As a result, this will further lead you towards having breast cancer.
- If you do not maintain a proper diet, this will increase the chances of breast cancer. Although, if you’re living in the city and also working outdoors, marrying and having a baby at a later age, not breastfeeding at the proper time.
- Breastfeeding is very important to prevent the risk of breast cancer. Doctors advise breastfeeding the baby for at least 6 months since it has been born.
- Estrogen hormone is also one of the reasons for developing breast cancer. This hormone is produced in very women’s bodies, but some women may produce excessive amounts of estrogen which is harmful.
If you are gaining weight, gradually this hormone will add up to your increasing body fat. As a result, this will lead you to breast cancer.
Last but not the least, hereditary breast cancer is a reason for developing breast cancer. Although, only 5 percent out of 100 breast cancer cases are hereditary. This is a genetic disease passed on to you by someone in your family who previously had breast cancer.
Breast cancer has become common in our country nowadays. However, above mentioned are the reasons which may cause breast cancer. Make sure to follow the steps mentioned above to prevent the risk of developing breast cancer.
Great doctors, Good facilities, caring and helping staff. I recommend this hospital for day care services.
All doctors r very good. There treatments is best. Other staff also good. The service of nurses is great...Hospital is always clean.
All services provide by hospital are nice and on time. Doctors are polite and co-operative with patient.
All services provided by hospital is good. Hygiene maintained well.Even at night good care provided.