All heart problems do not come with clear warning signs. Earlier, people used to think that a heart problem is always synonymous with chest pain but that is not always the case. Many heart problems do not give you a clear sign but suddenly attack the patients.
So how would you detect heart issues beforehand? Well, patients above the age of 40 must go for regular health check-ups like a full-body blood workout. Regular monitoring of health will keep heart problems at bay. You must take proper care as it is a common reason for death in people, in fact, 1 in every 4 deaths is because of heart disease.
Warning signs of heart problems
Some people can experience difficulty in the heart for a long time, whereas some directly have a heart attack. However, heart problems can be prevented in many ways. Before discussing the prevention, let us have a look at the common symptoms when you need to visit a cardiologist.
- Chest pain and congestion
- Back and shoulder pain
- Jaw pain and stiffness
- Gas-like pain in the chest area and feeling of indigestion.
- Cold sweats and chills.
What are the different types of heart problems?
A heart problem can include a wide range of cardiovascular problems. Several types of disorders can fall under the category of heart disease; some of them are:
- Arrhythmias: It is a type of abnormality of heart rhythm.
- Atherosclerosis: Hardening of the heart arteries is called atherosclerosis.
- Cardiomyopathy: This is a severe issue that causes the heart muscle to grow hard and sometimes too weak.
- Congenital heart disease: A heart problem which is present since birth is congenital heart disease.
- Coronary artery disease: When plaque builds up in the arteries of the heart, it tends to cause coronary artery disease. The ischemic heart is another name for this ailment.
Other heart problems can be some sort of heart infection caused by bacteria, parasites, or even viruses. Chest pain, congestion, high fever, chills, heart rash, etc., can be some common symptoms of heart infections.
Treatment option available for heart disease
Treatment largely depends on the type of heart disease you are going through. However, there are three main categories of treatment that can help you treat any kind of heart disease:
- Change in the lifestyle: If you change your lifestyle to being healthy, you can prevent heart disease to a large extent. It can help the condition from getting worse or treat the situation altogether. The areas where you can make changes include diet, practicing regular exercise and quitting tobacco. In fact, according to research, it has been seen that 30 to 60 minute of exercise can help you treat the condition.
- Medications: The doctors may prescribe you medications that will help you reduce the risk of complications. It helps cure, control or treat different types of heart problems.
- Surgery: In some chronic cases, the doctor may recommend you go through surgery to prevent the condition from worsening or completely treating the disease.
How to prevent heart diseases?
The first thing which comes to our mind is to improve our food habits. Having a healthy diet is important to prevent any kind of heart disease, but various heart conditions develop due to genetic issues also. Heart problems do not segregate between people, anybody can get affected with heart disease, and therefore one must take precautions.
Having proper food is the key to maintaining the body and preventing diseases. As lifestyle changes have caused a change in the food habits and people consume lots of fast food. Fast food and packaged food may not be that harmful in the short run. However, in the long run, it can tend to build up cholesterol levels and cause many heart diseases. Saturated fat and salt are the two most harmful things; one must avoid preventing heart diseases. Try having green vegetables and fruits regularly. Antioxidants prevent heart diseases to a great extent.
Limiting alcohol and smoking
Alcohol and smoking are the leading cause of heart problems. However, a person who does not consume alcohol may also have heart disease, but it is always advisable to limit the consumption.
Stress and hypertension can lead to heart problems so chronic stress must be avoided. Try taking counselling sessions to avoid stress. With high stress comes high cholesterol level and high BP which is again bad for one’s health.
Have queries or concern ?
As prevention is better than cure, therefore we all must embrace a healthier lifestyle and always look for symptoms to prevent heart disease. Someone who has a history of heart disease must always go for regular checkups.
Great doctors, Good facilities, caring and helping staff. I recommend this hospital for day care services.
All doctors r very good. There treatments is best. Other staff also good. The service of nurses is great...Hospital is always clean.
All services provide by hospital are nice and on time. Doctors are polite and co-operative with patient.
All services provided by hospital is good. Hygiene maintained well.Even at night good care provided.