Department Of Anaesthesiology
The Anaesthesiology Department at Sahyadri Hospital uses the safest, advanced, and patient-focused technique to provide optimum clinical care to every patient. We provide quality care to both adults and children, not only in the operation theatre but also before and after it. Our professionals aim to optimize pre-operative patient conditions and provides comprehensive care during the post-operation period.
We have a round-the-clock service policy to serve the patients whenever they need us during procedures or in emergency situations. Moreover, our operation theatres are equipped with the latest machines, Fiber-optic endoscopes, Anesthesia equipment, and multipara monitors. We also have a nerve locator for the safe management of regional and general anesthesia.
Quick Facts To Read Under Anaesthesiology
Services that we offer
We have the latest and safest drugs required for giving anesthesia to patients to ensure optimum care. It is also backed up by monitors to track the condition and reaction, if any. The type of monitor that we equip include:
- Capnography: This monitor measures the partial pressure of carbon dioxide at the time of exhalation of the air. It gives the doctor important information regarding the patient’s condition if there is any respiratory distress, shock, or cardiac arrest.
- Pulse oximeters: It is a painless ad non-invasive test that helps the doctor check the oxygen level in your blood. It efficiently detects even the slightest bit of change in the oxygen carried to your heart.
- Electrocardiograph: Electrocardiography monitors both the rhythm and heart rate to provide warning from beforehand in case of any change in the electrical activity.
- Respiratory gas monitors: These monitors show the waveform as per the counted respiratory rate. This helps to determine the oxygen level in the blood.
In addition to the above, the hospital also offers facilities for invasive monitoring like cardiac output or arterial blood pressure. It is essential for the proper handling of critically ill patients and those going through major surgeries. Our operation theatres are fully equipped with infusion pumps that help deliver the patient an accurate rate and amount of drugs needed to perform the surgery. If it fits, we give regional or general anesthesia or even both. Moreover, we use the latest block placement techniques to provide regional anesthesia by either single shot or through catheter techniques.
Administration of Anesthesia
If you are about to undergo surgery, the doctors will first administer anesthesia to reduce pain during the surgical process. The type of anesthesia that the professional will give you will mainly depend on factors like your health condition and the surgery procedure. The type of anesthesia that we provide includes:
- Local Anesthesia: This type of anesthesia is given to the patient to numb only a small portion of the body. The most appropriate example of using local anesthesia is cataract surgery, skin biopsy, or a dental process. Here you are awake during the process.
- General Anesthesia: General anesthesia will make you insensitive to pain or unconscious during the surgery. It is necessary when the surgery is invasive or involves an area of the chest, head, or abdomen. After taking the dose, you become unconscious and feel nothing. You will have no memory of how the procedure was performed.
- Regional Anesthesia: Regional anesthesia makes a larger part of the body insensitive, like the area below your chest or limb. In addition to regional anesthesia, the doctor may give you sedation, or you can be conscious during the surgical process. It is necessary to ease childbirth pain or during C-section, knee surgery, hip or spinal surgery, etc.
- Conscious or intravenous sedation: This is a mild sedative given to you by the doctor to relieve pain along with pain medicine. After taking the dose, you may remain awake, but you will not remember the process afterward.
Various ways of providing Anesthesia
Depending on the type of surgical procedure and the anesthesia the professionals are providing, they can deliver it through three ways:
- Inhaled gas
- Injection, through intravenous method or shots
- Liquid, patch, or spray applied to your eyes or skin
Post care after Anesthesia
Patients with anesthesia are adequately monitored with a well-equipped recovery unit and an exceptional team of trained staff. They all will report the readings of your condition to the anesthesiologists who further looks after patients’ post-operative pain relief process. Moreover, those patients who require more intense monitoring and for a longer period are transferred to the critical care unit.
Post-operative pain administration
Our highly skilled healthcare professionals provide round-the-clock service for curing acute and immediate pain caused in the post-operation period. They look after the cause and provide cures accordingly.
Technological advancement of our department
Below are the areas where we provide advanced technological care to our patients at Sahyadri:
- Awake craniotomy: We carry on brain tumor surgery without making the patient unconscious. He/she is awake during the process.
- Anesthesia to patients with hematological problems
- Anesthesia for carrying out Carotid Endarterectomies. It is a surgery that helps to remove buildup plaque from the carotid artery present in the neck.
- Anesthesia to patients suffering from neurological problems
- Anesthesia to vulnerable people like obese patients, old patients, neonates, etc
- Fiber optic intubation
Why Sahyadri Hospital?
The Department of Anaesthesiology at Sahyadri Hospital makes sure that the hospital’s surgical process complies with the best practice and standards. Plus, they are equipped with the latest drug and modern technology to provide robust results. We have a multidisciplinary team of professionals who looks after the pre-operative anesthesia service, pain medicine, and critical care. The physicians have proper training and professional degrees from the best institution from around the globe.
They provide a comprehensive range of care to cater to all kinds of surgeries, including significant and complex surgery like a heart transplant, oncology procedures, bariatric surgery, robotic surgery, total peritonectomy, minimally invasive surgery, etc. Moreover, our hospital provides a positive environment and individualized care to make patients comfortable throughout their surgical process. Every healthcare professional is deeply committed and dedicated to helping the community both locally and internally.
Anaesthesiology Expert Doctors at Sahyadri Hospitals
We thank you for choosing Sahyadri Hospitals for your treatment. Your feedback is our achievement. We have taken a number of steps to ensure that the services rendered to you are fully met.
I have been coming regulatly to this hospital for the last 2 years and have never been disappointed with the level of care, professionalism and efficiency I have witnessed. All the doctors are brilliant and well versed in their fields.
My self admitted to Sahyadri super speciality hospital from Kothrud on 17/03/21 & the admission process made so fast. All the Doctors , Nurces and all staffs are very cooperative and taking care personally so I feel at home.
The treatment and care received from the doctors and staff has helped my father recover sooner. Doctors provided a timely counselling everyday and kept us up to date on the condition and the progress made.
One of the best hospitals in Pune.. Exceptionally great service provided by the Staff, Day Care Team, Dialysis & Billing Department☺️.. Sisters / Doctors / Admin are extremely polite and down to earth and always helpful?.
Experienced excellent service other than other branch management and service is good and also nursing services and no rush in this hospital and we are very much trust and respect about Sona Nag Mam.