Department Of Orthopedics & Joint Replacement
The specialized department of orthopedics at Sahyadri Hospitals has a well-equipped Operation Theatre and the latest technology to perform routine Orthopaedic surgeries. We also run Joint Replacement and Arthroscopies for patients suffering from acute conditions. The surgeons at Sahyadri Hospital specializes in treating and diagnosing the problem in joints, muscles, ligaments, bones, nerves, and tendons. Moreover, we provide services that are in the best interest of people.
Quick Facts To Read Under Orthopedics & Joint Replacement
Condition We Treat
- Foot & Ankle
- Hand & Wrist
- Hip Fracture
- Soft-Tissue Injuries
Joint Care Centre
Our centre offers assistance and care for the various problem under joint replacement treatment, some of which are as follows:
- Knee replacement: Knee replacement or knee arthroplasty is a surgical process that involves replacing a part of the knee joint to reduce pain and disability. It is mainly performed in case of arthritis, trauma or any other complicated case.
- Loss of motion: There are cases when the knee loses its ability to access its normal range of motion after knee replacement. This is mainly because of post-operative stiffness, which our well-versed doctor reduces after some manipulation of the knee under anesthetic.
- Deep vein thrombosis: DVT is a severe condition where people suffer from a blood clot in their veins present deep inside the body. When it is formed in the patient’s leg area, the only solution to this problem is knee replacement surgery.
- Instability: Sometimes, patients need realignment of the knee cap in case of unrevertable post-surgery or dislocation on the outside. It is pretty rare but excruciating.
Back Pain Clinic
We have highly trained pain physicians who take care of the problem relating to back pain. Where some back pain is short-lived and heals itself, some are chronic and amenable. Moreover, some back pain is capable of causing leg paralysis or life-threatening conditions. Some of the common causes of back pain are:
- Pain in facet joints: It is like an arthritis-like condition in which the facet joint’s cartilage becomes inflamed and breaks down, causing pain.
- Piriformis syndrome It is a condition in which the patient suffers extreme pain in the piriformis muscle. It can also irritate the sciatic nerve present nearby.
- Sciatica: This problem arises from the lower back of the body and radiates deep into the buttocks, down the leg. It is mainly caused as a result of compression and irritation of the sciatic nerve.
- Myofascial pain syndrome: MPS is a chronic condition that inflames the body’s soft tissue and affects fascia.
- Pain in the Sacroiliac joint: In this condition, pain arises because of injury and damage in the joint between the hip and spine and usually affects the buttocks and low back.
- Discogenic pain: Discogenic pain is a severe pain in the back that arises due to mechanical or chemical damage intervertebral disc.
Foot and Hand Clinic
In this department, our surgeons use a multi-disciplinary approach to treat musculoskeletal problems. They use combined principles of plastic surgery and orthopedic for treating the pain and curing issues like:
- Peripheral nerve problem in patients suffering from orthopedic trauma
- Reconstruction of soft tissue in patients with cancer or trauma
- Preservation and limb salvage in patients with neuropathy or diabetes
- Un-successful joint replacement because there was no presence of soft tissue
- Vascularized bone transfers for unhealed fractures
- Wound healing issues or lack of soft tissue in chronic spine patients
We at Sahyadri also offers our patient cure to damaged and diseased shoulder through surgery. The procedures involve the following:
- Arthroscopy: It is a surgical procedure that your doctor may recommend at the time of shoulder tendonitis, soft tissue repair, shoulder dislocation, frozen shoulder, and torn cartilage or ligament.
- Soft tissue repair: This process helps treat any damage in the shoulder muscles.
- Rotator cuff repair: To repair the rotator cuff, the specialists re-attach a torn rotator cuff. It helps to cure torn tendons in the shoulder joint.
- Arthroplasty: In this treatment option, the doctor resurfaces or replaces a diseased joint. It is mainly recommended for the condition of degenerative diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Our rheumatology clinic contains well-experienced doctors who diagnose, investigate and manage patients with different disorders. Like locomotor apparatus, soft connective tissues and bone problems. The professionals treat conditions like:
- Autoimmune conditions like lupus
- Inflammatory joint pain like rheumatoid arthritis
- A degenerative joint problem like osteoarthritis
- Musculoskeletal infections
- Soft tissue disease like tennis elbow
- Back problem
- Crystal arthropathies like gout
Arthroscopy and minimally invasive procedures
Pediatric orthopedic Clinic
The pediatric orthopedic clinic offers treatment for various orthopedic conditions, some of which are as follows:
- Fracture: Here, doctors offer help for children’s fracture problems through the latest technique, arthrography. It provides a cure for children’s disability and deformity through fixation and percutaneous reduction.
- Infection: The specialist help detects and cures the infection in joints and bone of children for saving them from disability and growth-related issues.
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta: It is a rare disorder that we treat at Sahyadri. It will cure issues like deformed limbs and help children to walk.
- Perthes disease: Many children need prompt attention and repair to prevent hip replacement in children.
- Cerebral Palsy: We provide comprehensive care to children for them to assist in diagnosis to maturity.
- Sports injury: We also offer medicine and a cure for children’s sports injuries and help them play again.
- Reconstruction of injuries in growth plates: We provide prompt diagnosis and repair procedures of damaged growth plates.
- Braces and Aids: Our specialists also provide braces and aids for rehabilitating disabled and paralytic children.
Orthopedic Oncology Clinic
Orthopedic Trauma Centre
Why Sahyadri Hospital?
At Sahyadri Hospital, We have a team of well-skilled doctors specialising in investigating, diagnosing, and treating diseases in the joints, bones, ligaments, nerves and muscles. The subspecialty department also takes comprehensive care of patients involving sports, paediatrics, adult reconstruction, trauma, foot, spine, elbow, hand, shoulder, and orthopaedic oncology.
Our orthopaedic department are recognised both nationally and internationally for its innovative skills and technical excellence. We work to provide the solution for simple as well as complex orthopaedic issues.
We use the latest technology and techniques to improve people’s condition faster and better. We ensure that our techniques and equipment are free from any faults and provide the best treatment process. We strive to create patient-friendly environment and excellent patient experience
We have collaborated with scientists to provide improved outcomes, speedy rehabilitation, and a healing process. Moreover, our multi-disciplinary team of professionals always make sure to use minimally invasive procedures whenever possible in order to relieve pain and facilitate recovery.
At Sahyadri Hospital, you can find dedicated orthopaedic surgeons who are extensively trained in their respective fields to provide proper cure and treatment. Our hospital promises speedy recovery through the usage of innovative abilities and modern facilities. We provide personalised care to every orthopaedic patient.
The major surgical procedures that we offer at Sahyadri also include reconstructive techniques and the most recent arthroscopy. These involve hip resurfacing, joint replacement, and shoulder replacement surgeries. In addition to this, we offer knee shoulder and hip arthroscopies, hip and shoulder revision, hand surgeries, spine surgeries, and much more. We offer only those process which are at the best interest of our patients.
Orthopedic Experts Doctors at Sahyadri Hospitals
I have been coming regulatly to this hospital for the last 2 years and have never been disappointed with the level of care, professionalism and efficiency I have witnessed. All the doctors are brilliant and well versed in their fields.
My self admitted to Sahyadri super speciality hospital from Kothrud on 17/03/21 & the admission process made so fast. All the Doctors , Nurces and all staffs are very cooperative and taking care personally so I feel at home.
The treatment and care received from the doctors and staff has helped my father recover sooner. Doctors provided a timely counselling everyday and kept us up to date on the condition and the progress made.
One of the best hospitals in Pune.. Exceptionally great service provided by the Staff, Day Care Team, Dialysis & Billing Department☺️.. Sisters / Doctors / Admin are extremely polite and down to earth and always helpful🙏.
Experienced excellent service other than other branch management and service is good and also nursing services and no rush in this hospital and we are very much trust and respect about Sona Nag Mam.