Department Of Neonatology
We at Sahyadri Hospitals have one of the leading super specialty departments of neonatology in the country and across the globe. Our department has world-class facilities to provide newborns with illnesses or premature babies with complete care, highly specialized treatments in a gentle and nurturing environment.
Our highly trained neonatologists aim to provide the best possible care for babies requiring intensive care and monitoring after birth. Our NICU and neonatal care unit is equipped with groundbreaking technology and ultra-modern facilities to ensure optimal care. Our team coordinates with pediatric intensive care specialists to provide a high-end approach. We work round the clock to give the best services to the neonates and bring back the joy in their families.
Quick Facts To Read Under Neonatology
Why might your newborn need the NICU?
There may be various reasons that can place a baby at high risk of several diseases. Even in many healthy, full-term pregnancies, unexpected complications can occur. Therefore, newborns are often transferred to the intensive care unit under such circumstances. Our Neonatology team of experts is qualified and well equipped to diagnose these conditions and determine if NICU care is required.
Neonatal intensive care unit at Sahyadri Hospitals
Because of the presence of NICU in our department and the availability of the best pediatric subspecialists in every discipline, this unit serves as one of the largest referral centers for many high-risk neonates.
Our services include:
- 24/7 Available neonatologist in the NICU to attend to the high-risk deliveries and emergencies in the NICU and elsewhere in the hospital.
- Facilities to transport sick neonates (trained staff and ambulance with all required equipment).
- Perinatology services and fetal therapy unit.
- Pediatric subspecialty support – Pediatric Surgery, Cardiology, Neurology, Nephrology, Endocrinology, Hematology and Radiology.
- Neurodevelopmental and early intervention clinic.
- Complete pre and post-operative care.
Our neonatal care unit treats all neonatal diseases; some of them include:
- Neonatal jaundice (hyperbilirubinemia): This occurs when too much bilirubin builds up in the baby’s blood, which makes their skin & eyes appear yellow. The treatment includes phototherapy and exchange transfusion.
- Infant respiratory distress syndrome is caused by the immature development of the infant’s lungs. Its treatment includes oxygen therapy with intravenous medications.
- Neonatal sepsis is a blood infection that occurs in an infant younger than 90 days old. It is usually treated with antibiotics like ampicillin, gentamicin, cefotaxime, vancomycin, erythromycin, and piperacillin.
- Neonatal bowel obstruction: It is a common medical emergency for newborns because of intestinal obstruction that causes vomiting and bloating of the stomach. It can only be treated with surgery.
- Benign neonatal seizures: A condition characterized by recurrent seizures (uncontrolled movements) in newborn babies. Treatment includes anticonvulsant therapy in the neonatal period, continued for 6-12 months of life or even more.
- Neonatal hepatitis is a type of viral infection that causes inflammation and dysfunction of the liver in neonates. Although it has no specific treatment, vitamin supplements with antiviral medications are usually prescribed to improve the baby’s condition.
- Neonatal hypoglycemia occurs when the level of sugar (glucose) in the baby’s blood is too low. This can cause shakiness, blue tint to the skin, and breathing and feeding problems. It is treated with bottle-fed milk or intravenous administration of glucose.
- Perinatal asphyxia: It is an emergency condition that results from oxygen deprivation to a newborn that lasts during the birth process to cause physical harm, especially to the brain. Treatment involves all necessary procedures to maintain the airway and ensure the baby’s normal breathing.
- We provide comprehensive care for all our patients.
- We have modern medical facilities with groundbreaking technology to provide specialized care to newborns.
- World-wide accepted neonatal management is provided by our well-trained and highly experienced neonatologists at an affordable cost for everyone.
Why Sahyadri Hospital?
As an expectant mother, selecting the hospital where you’ll deliver your baby is the most important decision that you need to make. Sahyadri Hospital makes that decision easy by providing unmatched newborn care with the most advanced, reliable and comfortable care for mothers and their newborns, all under one roof. This unique combination of maternal and newborn care in one location is the hallmark of our hospital.
Neonatologist Expert Doctors at Sahyadri Hospitals
We thank you for choosing Sahyadri Hospitals for your treatment. Your feedback is our achievement. We have taken a number of steps to ensure that the services rendered to you are fully met.
I have been coming regulatly to this hospital for the last 2 years and have never been disappointed with the level of care, professionalism and efficiency I have witnessed. All the doctors are brilliant and well versed in their fields.
My self admitted to Sahyadri super speciality hospital from Kothrud on 17/03/21 & the admission process made so fast. All the Doctors , Nurces and all staffs are very cooperative and taking care personally so I feel at home.
The treatment and care received from the doctors and staff has helped my father recover sooner. Doctors provided a timely counselling everyday and kept us up to date on the condition and the progress made.
One of the best hospitals in Pune.. Exceptionally great service provided by the Staff, Day Care Team, Dialysis & Billing Department☺️.. Sisters / Doctors / Admin are extremely polite and down to earth and always helpful🙏.
Experienced excellent service other than other branch management and service is good and also nursing services and no rush in this hospital and we are very much trust and respect about Sona Nag Mam.