Dengue is a dangerous viral disease and more than 150 countries are affected. It causes fever and patients experience symptoms of flu. When a person gets cured of dengue, their immune system protects them from the virus. According to a report conducted by The Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the world reports above 400 million cases of dengue every year.
Causes of Dengue
Dengue is caused by a virus that gets spread by a mosquito called Ades aegypti. It is one of the four viruses that can affect your health severely. In most cases, this disease spread when a mosquito bites anon-infected person after an infected person However, death due to dengue is rare. But, the disease can develop and the fever can also reach to brain.
The condition can get worse if it is not handled and treated on time. The delay in medical treatment can also lead to the hemorrhagic fever of dengue.
Haemorrhagic fever of dengue
This is a severe condition when a patient suffers from a chronic illness caused by dengue. It mainly occurs when a dengue mosquito bites you. It can also happen when an infected mosquito bites someone which very common in such cases.
Risk factors of Dengue
It is found that the dengue virus can cause to those who live in Southeast Asia, Central America, South America, Caribbean regions, and Saharan Africa. However, other factors are-
- Pregnant women
- Aged adults
- People who have low immunity
- Small children and infants
Symptoms of Dengue
The symptoms of dengue vary from mild to severe. If the disease is detected early, then it can last up to 7-10 days. Noticing the signs and symptoms can be difficult in the beginning because it can be easily confused with other diseases such as malaria, typhoid, chikungunya, etc. However, symptoms usually start to show from the 6th day after the mosquito bite.
In the beginning, you may experience mild symptoms but, it can have dangerous effects if not detected on time. Here are some major signs and symptoms of the dengue virus-
- Rashes in the body-It are one of the major sign of dengue fever. You may feel itchiness and rashes in your whole body. They can vary in size and can irritate. These rashes can also appear and disappear from time to time.
- High fever– The person suffers from high fever and they may start to feel cold.
- Body ache– You may feel that you are having severe pain in your muscles and joints. It becomes difficult for you to even walk or doing some minor chores.
- Acute headache– The person will suffer from chronic headaches after he gets infected with the dengue virus.
- Dryness in the mouth– The disease causes the body to dry up the mouth and lips. So, adequate amounts of fluid must be given regularly.
- Vomiting– It is also a noticeable sign of Dengue. You will vomit more frequently and it is can be very hectic.
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, or gums– Acute dengue can also cause your body to bleed from the nose and gums. If you see these signs, immediately go for a check-up with your doctor.
Treatment of Dengue
As of now, there is no specific medication for the treatment of dengue. The best treatment for dengue is taking precautions and taking medicines at time. If you get infected, you should take proper medical assistance and medicines to gives you relief from fever, body pain, and vomiting. Early diagnosis can help you detect the virus early so that you can take proper medical assistance.
Tips for prevent dengue
Here are some tips you can follow to prevent your self getting infected from dengue-
- Drink an adequate amount of water and fluids.
- Take necessary precautions like close your doors and windows when it is the peak time of mosquitoes.
- Take medications on time
- Maintain cleanliness and hygiene in your area to avoid mosquitoes
- Use mosquito nets and repellents when you are indoors
- Stay away from places where you find a lot of mosquitoes
- Don’t keep stagnant water in the same place for many days. Regularly change the water in old cans, flower pots, and old tires.
Great doctors, Good facilities, caring and helping staff. I recommend this hospital for day care services.
All doctors r very good. There treatments is best. Other staff also good. The service of nurses is great...Hospital is always clean.
All services provide by hospital are nice and on time. Doctors are polite and co-operative with patient.
All services provided by hospital is good. Hygiene maintained well.Even at night good care provided.