A brain tumor is a mass of cells formed abnormally inside your brain. The skull covers the brain so that it encloses without any space, and if there is an unusual growth inside, it can cause a lot of issues. The collection of abnormal cells can be either malignant/cancerous or benign/non-cancerous.
The cure for these conditions depends on the size, type, location of tumors, and the patients’ general health. However, the percentage of you recovering from the diseases increases if diagnosed early.
It is because it avoids the growth of the tumor early and can reduce complications that may develop due to pressure on the brain tissue due to the tumor.
Types of Brain Tumor
There are generally two categories of brain tumors:
- Primary brain tumors: This type of tumor mainly develops in the brain and tends to stay there.
- Secondary brain tumors: These are more common in people. Here cancer starts from some other part of the body and then travels its way up to the brain. It usually originates from the places where it usually originates are the kidney, lung, breast, skin or colon.
Signs that you have a brain tumor
The signs that will help identify that you are suffering from a brain tumor are as follows:
- Double or blurred vision
- Unusual change in mental condition
- Weakening of a part of the face or limbs
We can help those of you who are experiencing any of the above-mentioned signs of a brain tumor.
Sahyadri Hospital provides comprehensive treatment for all types of brain tumors with the latest medical equipment. We have the best Brain Tumor Specialist in Pune who can assist you well.
How do doctors diagnose brain tumors in a patient?
The doctors will begin your brain tumor diagnosis through a physical exam. It involves looking inside your eye through an instrument called an ophthalmoscope.
After checking the pressure inside your skull, the doctor may recommend going through the following process:
- CT scan for a detailed scan of your brain.
- MRI to detect any signs of a tumor with the use of radiation.
- Angiography is a procedure in which doctors inject a dye into your brain to extract useful information.
- Biopsy, where the doctor will extract a small piece of the tumor for further analysis.
- Skull X-rays, this type of x-rays helps the doctor check whether the skull has gone through any breaks or fractures due to a brain tumor.
Read More – How Long Before Brain Tumor Symptoms Show?
Have queries or concern ?
Can brain tumors be cured with surgery?
The most common way of treating brain tumors in people is surgery. The doctor recommends removing as much tumor tissue as possible without damaging the healthy parts of the brain.
Some surgery is easy and safe as the tumor location is easily accessible, while others are complex since the tumor might be located in the part of the brain where access is limited. In such a case, even partial removal of a brain tumor can relieve the patient.
However, certain risks follow the surgery, like bleeding and infection. If the doctor may find it necessary, he may suggest combining your surgery with therapies like chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
At the same time, if you are going through neurosurgery, physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy can help speed up your recovery.
Can Brain Tumors Be Cured without surgery?
Thus, the doctors may try to treat the condition of brain tumor through different non-surgical treatments like:
- Radiation therapy
- Target therapy
- Electro-field therapy
- Symptomatic treatment
At what age do brain tumors occur?
Risk factors that contribute to brain tumor
The following are some of the risk factors that increase the chance of brain tumor:
- Family history: Around 50% of brain cancer is hereditary or inherited genetically. So it’s better to talk to your doctor if you have a family history of brain tumors.
- Race: Brain tumors are widespread in people who belong to the Caucasian race.
- Age: As your age increases, so does your chance of getting a brain tumor.
- Chemical exposure: If you think you are exposed to chemicals for too long, especially when you work with chemicals, it is better to check your brain tumor.
A brain tumor is a very severe condition that requires treatment as soon as possible. The treatment option usually depends on its location, size and type. So if you notice any symptoms, it is better to get it diagnosed as early as possible, especially if you have a family history of brain tumors.
For more information on the cure of brain tumors, contact our specialist today!
Great doctors, Good facilities, caring and helping staff. I recommend this hospital for day care services.
All doctors r very good. There treatments is best. Other staff also good. The service of nurses is great...Hospital is always clean.
All services provide by hospital are nice and on time. Doctors are polite and co-operative with patient.
All services provided by hospital is good. Hygiene maintained well.Even at night good care provided.