Which Foods that lower Cholesterol Fat?
Cholesterol can be a good as well as a bad thing in the human body. We require cholesterol to create hormones, Vitamin D, and other substances to digest the food we consume. It is a tractile kind of substance made of fats. Every cell in the body contains some cholesterol, but too much of it can cause severe complications.
There are two types of cholesterol in our body; HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol) and LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol). High levels of both of them can increase the risk of heart diseases and stroke.
What are the reasons for High Cholesterol?
Cholesterol levels can increase in the body due to an unhealthy lifestyle. According to research, some of the reasons behind high cholesterol include:
- Smoking– It can lower the level of HDL cholesterol(good) present in the body. It also increases the presence of LDL cholesterol.
- Lack of Physical Activity– If you are a lazy person and do not perform any physical activity then there are high chances your cholesterol level is high.
- Eating junk– Unhealthy eating habit is the main reason behind imbalance of cholesterol levels. If you eat oily food, street food, dairy products, chocolates, etc., that contains saturated fats, then you might have high cholesterol.
Symptoms of High Cholesterol
Cholesterol does not have any specific symptoms. It can make you suddenly ill, and you will need a check-up. Cholesterol builds plaque in your veins and arteries, which can block your blood circulation. This situation can further lead to Heart attack and Stroke. Fainting and breathing problems are also caused by blockage of blood circulation. We can maintain cholesterol with a healthy diet. You should perform a check-up after every 2-3 months to avoid any severe issues.
Complications of High Cholesterol can create:
A High level of Cholesterol can create a lot of complications that include the following:
- Heart Attack
- Breathing Problems
- Chest Pain
- High Blood Pressure
- Vascular Disease
- Kidney problems
What kind of foods can lower the level of Cholesterol?
Consuming healthy food can help you to maintain your cholesterol level. Add some good and healthy food to your diet chart, and you will feel fresh and light again.
Some of the foods that can lower your LDL cholesterol level are listed below:
- Oats– Oats are highly beneficial in terms of maintaining your cholesterol level. It contains 1-2 grams of soluble fibre. Plus, you can further add some bananas and strawberries to get the extra amount of fiber.
- Barley and whole grains- Whole grains and barley are highly rich in soluble fibers that help reduce bad cholesterol levels and the risk of heart diseases.
- Beans- Consuming beans are highly rich in soluble fibers and can also lower your bad cholesterol level. For example:
- Navy Bean
- Kidney Bean
- Black-eyed Peas and many more
- Eggplants- They are very healthy for your body as it contains more than one type of low calorie. In addition, they contain several types of soluble fibers.
- Nuts– Nuts not only lowers the amount of LDL in the body but also protects the heart. A study reported that consumption of nuts, walnuts, almonds, peanuts in an amount of 2 ounces can lower 5% of cholesterol and can help in strengthening the heart.
Have queries or concern ?
What is the best drink to lower Cholesterol Fat?
Several kinds of drinks can help you to control the level of Cholesterol in the body. Some of the drinks include:
- Green Tea- This has Epigallocatechin Gallate and Catechins that reduce LDL cholesterol by 14-30%.
- Soy Milk- Soy milk consumption is highly recommended by the Food and Drug Administration to manage cholesterol levels.
- Tomato Juice- Tomato is rich in Lycopene and can help in reducing cholesterol.
- Berry shakes- Berry is rich in anthocyanins. Some berry that is useful in lowering cholesterol level are:
- Cocoa Drinks- Cocoa drinks include dark chocolate that contains flavones that help in reducing and improving Cholesterol.
- Plant Smoothies- They may be done by some fruits and plants that include:
- Grapes or Prunes
- Mango or Melon
- Kale or Swiss Chard
- Pumpkin Puree
Cholesterol is a crucial factor in the body, and we need it at balanced levels. If the levels go up, it can lead to severe problems. Eat healthy food, exercise regularly, and avoid smoking to keep yourself fit. The above-mentioned foods and drinks are beneficial and can help you balance your cholesterol levels.
Great doctors, Good facilities, caring and helping staff. I recommend this hospital for day care services.
All doctors r very good. There treatments is best. Other staff also good. The service of nurses is great...Hospital is always clean.
All services provide by hospital are nice and on time. Doctors are polite and co-operative with patient.
All services provided by hospital is good. Hygiene maintained well.Even at night good care provided.