Types of Inguinal Hernia
What are the surgeries for Inguinal Hernia repair?
When you develop a hernia, you should opt for surgery as it is a quick process to get rid of it. Open hernia surgery and laparoscopic surgery are the two different types of hernia repair surgeries.
In open hernia repair surgery, we identify the hernia sac with a cut in the pubis. The surgeon then pushes the sac into the abdomen and stitches the area to strengthen the abdominal wall. It is a quick surgery, and most patients can return home the same day.
In laparoscopic hernia repair surgery, we give general anesthesia in the first stage, so you will not feel the pain during the surgery. The surgeon then uses a telescope-like thin instrument called a laparoscope, which has a small video camera at the top. We insert it through a small surgical cut near the belly button and cover the defective area with mesh. This surgery takes less recovery time.
Have queries or concern ?
What happens after surgery?
About an hour after the hernia repair surgery, your doctor may ask you to get up. Men face difficulty while urinating for a few hours, but it becomes easy with a catheter.
After the surgery, you need to follow and avoid some things like:
- Shower 24-48 hours after surgery.
- Walking is very necessary to keep your body fit. Hence, walk daily in slow motion without straining your abdomen muscles.
- You can return to your regular diet and consume any food.
- Take your medicines regularly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Don’t stress your body. Rest whenever you feel tired.
- Avoid lifting heavyweights.
- Wash your hands every time you touch your wound, as putting dirty hands on the incision can lead to infection.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes because they may irritate the wound.
- Instead of having largE meals, try to have small frequent meals.
- You may have your first bowel movement in between 1-10 days after the surgery. Hence, there is a high chance of getting constipated. Have meals that can help you to avoid getting constipation.
- You can ride a car, but you should remember that car jerks can make the wound worse.
- If you face any serious issues, call the doctor immediately. Neglecting can worsen the wound.
How to prepare for inguinal hernia repair?
Great doctors, Good facilities, caring and helping staff. I recommend this hospital for day care services.
All doctors r very good. There treatments is best. Other staff also good. The service of nurses is great...Hospital is always clean.
All services provide by hospital are nice and on time. Doctors are polite and co-operative with patient.
All services provided by hospital is good. Hygiene maintained well.Even at night good care provided.